SPAGHETTI CARBONARA WITH SUN DRIED TOMATOES
Tonight it was pasta. This is one delicious dish and so easy to make. I added a cup of natural Greek yogurt to make it a bit more saucy and it turned out beautifully. Highly recommend this one especially if you love your pasta
- ½ box of spaghetti
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 142 g Pancetta (Italian bacon), cut into thick rounds and cut again in 1/3″ pieces
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- ¼ cup of dry white wine
- 1 cup of grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- ¼ cup of heavy cream
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 egg yolk
- ⅛ cup of finely chopped flat leaf parsley
- ¼ cup of sun dried tomatoes, finely chopped or cut in julienne strips
- fresh cracked pepper to taste
- garnish with finely chopped parsley and a few julienne strips of sun-dried tomatoes
(optional) red pepper flakes
Measure and prepare all ingredients listed above and place in small bowls so its easy to swiftly make the pasta dish.
Cook spaghetti in a large pot of salted boiling water as per the directions on the box. Cook al dente.
At the same time, pour olive oil in a small skilled over medium heat, when hot add Pancetta. Cook for about 5 minutes until bacon starts to slightly brown. Add minced garlic and stir, cook for about 3 minutes. Pour in white wine and cook until liquid reduces to half about 5 minutes. Remove skillet from heat.
In a bowl, mix together the cheese, heavy cream, yogurt and egg yolk.
Drain spaghetti in a colander. Place the spaghetti back in the same pot it cooked in over low heat. Add the cheese, cream, yoghurt, egg mixture, tossing to mix all ingredients together. Serve immediately.
If the pasta is too dry, you can add a bit more cream.
If there is too much liquid you can add a little more grated cheese.
Photo: Lisinda Blaauw
Recipe posted by Lisinda Blaauw