THAI FISH CAKES WITH SWEET CHILLI SAUCE
- 400 g firm white boneless fish fillet, roughly chopped
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and quartered
- 4 stems fresh coriander, roots discarded
- 1 tbs red curry paste
- 1 tbs lemon or lime juice
- 1 egg
- 150 g green beans, trimmed, cut into 1 cm rounds
- peanut oil for frying
- sweet chilli sauce
Place fish, garlic, coriander, curry paste, juice and egg into a blender or food processor.
Process until the mixture is well combined and is a smooth paste consistency.
Transfer to a large bowl and add the green beans.
Mix until well combined.
Add peanut oil to non-stick frying pan and place over medium heat.
Place fish cakes evenly around the pan.
Cook for 3-4 minutes then flip and brown on reverse side for a further 2-3 minutes until cooked through.
Transfer to a plate and repeat with remaining mixture.
Serve with sweet chilli sauce and lemon or lime wedges, if desired.
Recipe and photo: Louise Venter