SHIITAKE FRIED RICE WITH SMOKED CHICKEN
- 1 1/2 cups brown rice
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon vegetable oil.
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 8 dried shiitake mushrooms, soaked in water liquid reserved, stems removed, thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced, peeled ginger (from a 2-inch piece)
- 1 red chilli slices
- 1 cup frozen shelled edamame, thawed
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced on the diagonal
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 250 g smoked chicken sliced
In a large nonstick skillet, heat 1 teaspoon oil over medium. Add eggs; season with salt and pepper (and a dash of cayenne pepper) and cook until set, 1 to 3 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board and let cool; roll up and thinly slice crosswise.
Do not add salt to this dish as the smoked chicken and other ingredients are already salty.
Taste before adding salt.