THAI GREEN CURRY CHICKEN WITH VEGETABLES
- 4 chicken fillets, cut into thin bite sized pieces
- 1 onion sliced
- 1 carrot, peeled and thinly sliced in rings
- 2 baby marrows, thinly sliced in rings
- 3 baby brinjals, thinly sliced in rings
- 1 baby fennel, thinly sliced
- 1 small sweet green pepper, halved, seeded and thinly sliced
- fresh garlic and ginger, grated
- 400 ml tin coconut milk
- 2 (or more to taste) tablespoons Thai Green curry paste
- lime juice from 1 lime
- oil, for shallow frying
- salt and pepper
- fresh coriander leaves, for garnish
- basmati rice, to serve with
Fry the veggies, garlic and ginger in batches in a wok so as not to overcrowd.
Only fry for about 5 minutes then remove and put aside.
Lastly fry the chicken pieces until just done. Add the lime juice, Thai Green Curry paste and coconut milk and stir through the chicken to warm over low heat.
Add the vegetables and simmer for 10 minutes before serving with basmati rice and garnish with fresh coriander leaves. Check the seasoning.
Recipe and photo: Elsabie Templeton