TEXAS SHEET CAKE WITH FUDGE ICING
- Cook the following in medium saucepan over medium low heat until dissolved and remove from heat.
- 1 ½ cup spicy fruity cola (such as DR Pepper ), kon nie kry toe gebruik ek Iron Brew
- 1 cup oil
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa
- Mix the following together and add to soft drink mixture:
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking soda
- 7.5 ml salt
- Add the following:
- 2 large eggs lightly beaten
- ½ cup buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Mix into batter mixture until smooth.
Pour into lightly greased sheet pan (17 ½ x 12 ½ inch)
Bake in pre heated oven 180 ºC about 20 min until wooden tooth pick inserted comes out clean.
Prepare fudge icing and pour over warm cake.
Sprinkle with chopped pecans.
- Fudge Icing
- ½ cup butter
- ½ cup (4oz) unsweetened baking chocolate, chopped
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 3 tablespoons Iron Brew
- 3 – 4 cups powdered sugar
- 5 ml vanilla extract
Place butter and chocolate in medium saucepan over medium low heat until melted
Remove from heat and add the milk and iron brew until blended.
Gradually sift in the powdered sugar, whisk and add the vanilla extract.
Recipe posted by Annetjie van Huyssteen
Photo: Annetjie van Huyssteen