FROZEN PEAS PEA SOUP
- 2 cups of frozen peas
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, coarsely grated
- 1 medium potato, coarsely grated
- 250 ml hot chicken stock
- 2,5 ml dried mint
- 15 ml, oil for frying
- 2 slices of gammon, cubed and fried
- sour cream or creme fraiche
- ciabatta slices, to serve
Fry the onion, carrot and potato for a few minutes. Add the frozen peas and chicken stock and simmer for about 15 minutes.
Pour into a blender/liquidiser or use stick blender to smoothen.
Pour back into the pot, add the mint and keep warm while frying the gammon cubes.
If the soup is too thick add a little bit of hot water.
Serve with the gammon, sour cream and ciabatta.
It’s a much quicker recipe than the dried split pea version.
Photo and recipe: Elsabie Templeton