QUICK AND EASY NACHOS
- 200 g Nachos, (7 oz) or Dorito Chips
- 450 g lean ground beef (1 pound)
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 can (410 g) Mexican style tomatoes (14 oz can)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup Gouda cheese, grated
- 1 cup Mozzarella cheese, grated
- ½ – 1 cup guacamole, store bought or homemade
- 1 tomato, chopped
- ½ onion, chopped
- shredded lettuce
- extra sour cream
Pre-heat the oven to 200 ºC (400 ºF). Spray a cast iron ovenproof pan with cooking oil.
Arrange the Nachos/Doritos in the bottom of the pan and set aside.
Cook the ground beef until done, season with salt and pepper, add the can of tomatoes, let cook for 2 minutes, spoon the meat mixture on top of the Nachos/Doritos.
Place spoonfuls of the sour cream on top of the meat, sprinkle both cheeses over.
Transfer the ovenproof pan to the oven for about 10 minutes until the cheese has melted and is bubbly.
Remove from the oven, top with the guacamole and extra sour cream, sprinkle the tomato and onion over and shredded lettuce.
Photo and recipe: Melissa Ann Vermeulen