MAURICIA’S CURRY PASTA AND CHARGRILLED NECTARINE SALAD
“Not sure what salads to serve with your braai (barbecue) today? Try this delicious and colourful recipe. Leave out the nectarines depending on availability. Excellent with braaied (barbecued) meat and chicken; or a variety of cold meat cuts. Bon appétit.
- 6 nectarines, stoned and halved
- 30 ml (2 tablespoons) olive oil
- 500 g (1 packet) fusilli pasta, cooked
- 1 green bell pepper, finely diced
- 1 red bell pepper, finely diced
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 3 spring onions, finely diced
- 250 ml (1 cup) tomato sauce
- 125 ml (½ cup) vinegar
- 125 ml (½ cup) sunflower oil
- 180 ml (¾ cup) sugar
- 30 ml (2 tablespoons) mild curry powder
- 60 ml (¼ cup) Italian parsley, finely chopped
- ground black pepper
Brush the cut-side of the nectarines with the olive oil. Heat a griddle pan on medium to high and grill the nectarines, cut-side down, until charred, about two minutes. Add all the ingredients, except the nectarines, in a large mixing bowl and mix well.
Now add the nectarines.
Transfer to a serving bowl or platter and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Garnish with extra spring onions and Italian parsley.
Recipe and photo: Mauricia Jordaan