CHUNKY HUNGARIAN GOULASH SOUP
- 500 g soft shin beef into ¾ inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 onions, coarsely diced
- 3 garlic clove, crushed
- 3 cups All Gold tomato juice
- 2 cups beef stock Ina Paarman
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sweet smoked paprika powder
- 1 tablespoon Robertson’s paprika
- ½ teaspoon dried chilli flakes
- 2 – 3 potatoes, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 3 peppers, red, green and yellow cut into 1 inch pieces
- salt, pepper to taste, pinch of cayenne pepper
- chopped parsley
Heat the oil in a large pot.
Brown half the meat.
Remove meat and brown remaining meat.
Return all the meat to the pot, adding onions and garlic.
Continue to cook on high for several minutes, stirring often.
Add tomato juice, beef stock salt, and paprika powders
Bring to boil, cover, and reduce heat to a simmer.
Cook for about 45 minutes.
Add cubed potatoes and peppers.
Cook for a further 25 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.
Season with additional salt, pepper, cayenne pepper.
Sprinkle with parsley.
Posted by: Gail Haselsteiner