CHORIZO MEATBALL PARMIGIANA BAKE
Chorizo meatball parmigiana bake… a quick and easy Friday night dinner with leftovers 😄
- Meatball mixture:
- 500 g pork/beef/chicken mince
- 1 Chorizo sausage, finely chopped
- 1 spring onion, chopped
- 1 wheel of Feta, crumbled
- 1 courgette, grated
- 1 large egg
- 125 ml almond flour (or 80 ml plain flour if not low carb)
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 ½ teaspoon salt
- ground pepper to taste
- Parmigiana sauce:
- 1 can chopped tomato (Italian/Garlic etc)
- 125 ml grated Parmesan
- 250 ml grated Cheddar/Mozzarella
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
Mix all the meatball ingredients and shape into 15 – 18 meatballs.
Place into an oiled or sprayed oven dish (50 x 30 cm).
Pour over the chopped tomato, followed by the Parmesan, cheese and dried basil.
Bake at 200°C for 40 minutes covered, 15 minutes uncovered and 5 minutes under the grill.
Cool slightly and serve.
Pork mince can be substituted for chicken or beef mince.
Chorizo sausage can be substituted for 125 g chopped bacon.
Recipe and photo: Ilze Jacobs