CHINESE STIR FRY CHICKEN
Chinese stir fry chicken, vegetables and egg noodles, brinjal, carrot, green beans, lettuce (yes you read lettuce, for lack of having cabbage – works well I’ve done it before) and a stir fry spice mix I got from Food Lovers Market yesterday. Very nice, a hint of chilli. Must be fried in sesame oil for that authentic taste. I could easily have had a second helping.
- 250g instant chicken noodles
- 3 chicken fillets, cut into bite size cubes
- 2 medium carrots, thinly sliced into short pieces
- 1 medium brinjal, peeled and cut into short julienne strips
- 8 young green beans, cut diagonally into short pieces
- 1 Iceberg lettuce head, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons of stir fry spice or to taste
- sesame oil
Cook the noodles according to the instructions and keep aside.
Stir fry the brinjal first in medium hot wok in sesame oil then add the green beans, carrot and lastly the lettuce.
Sprinkle a tablespoon of spice over and fry for another 2 minutes.
Scoop the veggie mix into a dish and fry the chicken pieces in the same wok.
Add a bit more sesame oil if required and sprinkle with another tablespoon of spice.
Fry until the chicken just done.
Tip the drained hot noodles on top of the chicken and add the veggies.
Stir fry another minute or two to warm through and serve with dark soy sauce or oyster sauce.
Photo and recipe: Elsabie Templeton