BUTTER BEAN AND ITALIAN PARSLEY SALAD
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- olive or nut oil to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
- sugar, optional
- 1 tin butter beans, drained
- 1 rib of celery without leaves, sliced
- couple of spring onions, sliced
- peppadew, sliced
- huge amount of Italian flat leave parsley (not the curly one), chopped
Mix oil, lemon zest and lemon juice and season with salt and pepper.
Add a bit of sugar if needed.
Mix the dressing with the salad ingredients. Test and add seasoning to taste.
The flavour improves if the salad is left resting for a while.
Keeps well in fridge.
Tuna can be added to the salad for a main meal.
Recipe and photo: Petro Borchard