AMANDA’S THAI CURRY PASTE
- 2 red chilies fresh (1 reseeded and 1 with seed)
- ½ stalk lemongrass, cut in pieces
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 2 tablespoons coriander leaves
- 1 tablespoons grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ¾ teaspoon ground coriander
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
Place all ingredients in bowl of a food processor, blender or chopper attachment.
Blend until it forms a thick paste.
Use as a marinade for chicken, meat or seafood or as a seasoning in curries, soups and stews.
Recipe: Amanda Conradie
Photo” Elize de Kock