TOMATO, SPINACH AND SEAFOOD BAKE
“Tomato, spinach and seafood bake. Quick and easy.”
- 700 – 800 g white fish (basa/tarakihi/hake)
- 300 g raw prawns
- 1 can smoked mussels/oysters
- 20 ml olive oil
- ½ onion, finely chopped
- 1 can tomatoes, chopped
- 2 handfuls of baby spinach
- 125 ml cream
- 1 teaspoon konjac powder/physillium husk powder/Maizena (if not low carbohydrate)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 100 g Feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 cup Mozzarella cheese, grated
Layer the fish, prawns and smoked mussels in an oiled oven dish.
Fry the onion in a frying pan with oil until it is translucent, and add the chopped tomatoes.
Cook the mixture for 10 – 12 minutes and then add the remaining ingredients.
Simmer for two more minutes, pour the sauce over the fish.
Sprinkle the cheese over the fish and bake at 200 °C for 25 minutes until golden.
Recipe and photos: Ilze Jacobs