STEAK, KIDNEY AND MUSHROOM HOMEMADE PIES
- 500 g tenderised steak cut into cubes
- 300 g beef kidneys cut into cubes
- 450 g white mushrooms wiped and sliced
- 3 ml dried mixed herbs
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 10 ml brown vinegar
- 1 onion chopped into small cubes
- butter for cooking
Heat a heavy based pan and fry the onions, steak cubes, kidneys and mushrooms. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, herbs and the vinegar. Put lid on the pan and simmer till the meat is soft.
Allow the mixture to cool down before using it for the pies.
If it looks like your mixture is too dry and catching to the bottom of the pan, add a few drops of water.
You don’t want a wet mixture for the pies. You could thicken it up with a bit of cornstarch.
Follow the recipe on the link to form and bake your pies.
Recipe and photo: Elsabie Templeton