ROAST BEEF WRAPS
If you cannot find the mentioned cheeses and lettuce, the suggested substitutes work just fine.
- 2 multi grain wraps
- 2 tablespoons Neufchatel cheese*
- 2 leaves romaine lettuce**
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- 6 slices deli sliced roast beef
- 2 slices reduced-fat Swiss cheese***
- 6 cherry tomatoes, halved
- ground black pepper to taste
Heat the wraps in the microwave on high for 30 seconds.
On the right side of one wrap (the side that will fold in last), spread one tablespoon Neufchatel cheese about ⅔ of the way down that side. Layer half of the romaine, spinach, beef, Swiss cheese, and tomatoes in the centre of the wrap, leaving a ⅓ of the wrap open at the bottom.
Fold that third up over the bottom of your fillings, then fold in the left side and roll toward the right, letting the Neufchatel seal the wrap together. Repeat with the second wrap.
* a French cheese production dating back to the 6th century – use cream cheese as substitute
** or any salad lettuce
*** or any medium hard cheese
Recipe and photo posted by Wadi