RIPE PAPAYA AND AVOCADO SALAD WITH BLACK SALT DRESSING
Sweet ripe papaya, creamy avocado, juicy tomatoes dressed in sweet and tangy black salt, honey-lemon dressing, served over bed of peppery arugula or your favourite green!
- 1/2 lbs papaya (ripe, medium fruit, about 225 grams)
- 1 avocado (ripe, diced into bite size pieces)
- 1 cup arugula (handful or two, or use spicy green mix)
- 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes (golden or red cherry tomatoes, halved) or 1 tomato (deseeded cut into bite size pieces)
- Black Salt – Honey Dressing
- 1/2 teaspoon black Salt (or use ground himalayan pink salt)
- 1 lemon (2 tbsp lemon juice)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper (freshly ground)
- 2 tablespoon olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
To make vinaigrette, in a small bowl, add black salt, honey, lemon juice, olive oil, and black pepper. Whisk to blend oil with lemon and honey. Taste and adjust black salt. Set aside. Arrange – Divide diced papaya, avocado and halved cherry tomatoes on a bed of arugula in two plates. Top with half dressing on each plate and fresh pomegranates seeds. Serve immediately.
Recipe and Photo: Elize de Kock