PORK CHOPS IN CHUTNEY
Pork chops are a classic crowd-pleaser, these ones feature a sweet and spicy chutney topping.
- 4 pork loin chops, rind removed
- salt and pepper
- ½ traspoon coriander
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- 1 onion, sliced
- 30 ml Wellington’s sweet chilli sauce
- 30 ml Mrs ball’s hot chutney
- 30 ml Wellington’s sweet jalapeno sauce
- 30 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup water
Season and spice the chops.
Place the chops next to each other in an oven proof dish.
Layer the onion over the chops.
Combine all the sauce ingredients to form a paste, add the water and mix well.
Pour over chops.
Bake at 160ºC, lid on for 1½ hour. Remove lid and brown under grill.
Serve with mashed potatoes and your choice of vegetables.
Recipe and Photo: Elize de Kock