PESTO PASTA WITH GRILLED CHICKEN
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 450 g farfalle pasta
- ¾ cup basil pesto or to taste
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- ¼ cup fresh basil, cut into thin strips or to taste
- Parmesan cheese, optional
Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper. Grill chicken over medium-high heat for 5-7 minutes per side, or until completely cooked. Transfer chicken to cutting board and slice into strips.
Meanwhile, boil pasta to package instructions.
Rinse and drain pasta and set aside.
Using large bowl, mix together pesto, pasta and chicken. Stir until well combined and place in refrigerator until chilled.
Stir in cherry tomatoes and fresh basil immediately before serving.
Finish with freshly grated Parmesan cheese, optional.
Photo: Ivanda Venter
Recipe posted by Adam Cloete