ORANGE AND GRANADILLA CHEESECAKE
- 2× 200 g Tennis Biscuits, crushed
- 80 g butter or margarine, melted
- 40 g caster sugar
- 2 eggs, separated
- juice and rind of 1 orange
- 500 g creamed cottage cheese
- 110 g granadilla pulp
- 110 g sugar
- 10 g gelatine, dissolved in 50 ml water
- 2 cans (298 g each) Mandarin segments, drained
- To decorate
- 125 ml whipped cream
- 2 cans (110 g each) granadilla pulp
- 5 ml cornflour, mixed to a paste with a little water
- mint leaves, optional
In a bowl combine crushed biscuits, butter and caster sugar.
Press mixture into base of a well greased 22 cm diameter loose bottomed cake pan.
Refrigerate until needed.
Mix egg yolks, orange juice, rind, cottage cheese, granadilla pulp and sugar. Beat well.
Add gelatine and mix well.
Fold in stiffly beaten egg whites.
Arrange mandarin segments over biscuit base.
Spoon cheese filling over and place in the fridge until firm and set.
Overnight works well.
To complete carefully remove cheesecake from cake pan and place on serving plate.
Pipe rosettes of cream around outer edge of cake.
In a saucepan place granadilla pulp, thicken over medium heat with cornflour paste.
Leave to cool. Flood centre of cheesecake with pulp.
To serve decorate with mint leaves if prefer.
Recipe and photo: Zelda Tolsma