ONE PAN MINCE AND PASTA
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 500 g beef mince
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons crushed garlic
- 1 tablespoon Italian herbs
- chilli flakes, to taste
- 1 tablespoon tomato sauce (can use paste also)
- 1 can onion and chilli tomatoes (you can use any canned tomatoes)
- 2 cups beef stock
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup lentils, cooked
- 2½ cups pasta shells (or 2 cups normal pasta), raw
- ½ cup grated cheese
Heat oil in a large frying pan and brown mince, add onion then cook until the onion has softened. Add garlic, Italian herbs, chilli flakes, tomato sauce and canned tomatoes; mix well with mince.
Pour in beef stock, milk, lentils and pasta, stir to combine.
Bring to a boil and reduce heat to medium, keep stirring every few minutes until liquid has absorbed and pasta is cooked al dente.
Scatter cheese over and let it melt on top of the mince, serve immediately.
Recipe and photo: Jacqui Landsman Botha