MAYONNAISE CHOCOLATE CAKE
- 500 ml cake flour
- 3 eggs
- 125 ml cocoa
- 400 ml sugar
- 250 ml Cross and Blackwell mayonnaise
- 10 ml baking powder
- 10 ml bi-carbonate of soda
- 5 ml vanilla essence
- 330 ml warm water (not to hot)
Sift dry ingredients together twice.
Beat egg, sugar, and vanilla until creamy.
Add mayonnaise and mix.
Add dry ingredients and gradually adding water while you mix.
Pour the battter into 2 prepared baking tins.
Bake at 180°C for 40 – 50 mins.
- BUTTER CREAM ICING:
- 150 g butter/margarine
- 3 cups icing sugar
- 4 tablespoons cacao
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoons full fat cream cheese or milk ( I use cream cheese)
Beat the butter until white and creamy, mix the icing sugar and cacao and slowly mix into the butter, spoon by spoon. Mix very well, add the lemon juice, mix well and add the cream cheese. Don’t over mix.
Decorate cake as desire.
Recipe and photo: Diane Roode Hencox