HONEY ROASTED CARROTS
An easy and flavourful way to cook carrots! Roasting them adds great flavour and the honey and vinegar makes them extra delicious. The perfect side dish all ages will love!
- 1.5 kg carrots, peeled and sliced into 2 to 3 cm long pieces (slice thicker portions into halves)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1½ tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2½ tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
Preheat oven to 200 °C.
Place carrots in a mound on a 20 x 30 cm rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper and toss to evenly coat. Spread into an even layer.
Roast in preheated oven 20 minutes then remove from oven.
In a small bowl stir together honey and apple cider vinegar. Drizzle carrots with honey mixture and toss well to evenly coat.
Return to oven and roast until tender, about 10 to 20 minutes longer.
Remove from oven, toss again and sprinkle with fresh parsley and thyme. Serve warm.
Recipe tested by Elize de Kock
Photo: Elize de Kock