- 3 Haddock medallions
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) butter
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 celery stick, finely chopped
- 1 leek, washed and finely chopped
- 3 medium potatoes, diced
- 600 ml milk
- 200 ml fish stock
- 1 x 410 g can of whole kernel corn, drained
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) finely chopped parsley
- salt and pepper for seasoning
- baby corn and fresh dill for garnish
Melt the butter in a large saucepan over a gentle heat.
Add the chopped onion, celery and leek and cook for 8-10 minutes, until softened.
Stir in the potatoes and toss with the vegetables. Pour in the milk and top up with the stock. Bring to the boil, reduce to a simmer for 15 minutes, until the potatoes are cooked.
Add the frozen Haddock medallions, and simmer for a further 5 minutes, or until the fish is cooked through and starting to break apart.
Stir the sweet corn into the chowder and heat for 1 minute.
Stir in the parsley, season with salt and pepper.
Serve the chowder with baby corn, a sprig of fresh dill and fresh ciabatta.
Recipe tested and photo: Melissa Ann Vermeulen