GREEN BEAN AND TOMATO LAMB STEW
Winter food. Green bean and tomato lamb stew with **sweet potatoes and ginger preserve.
- enough lamb stew meat for 4/6 people (I used the round leg/chump chops)
- 1 large onion, chopped up
- 1 tin of chopped tomatoes
- 1 handful of sundried tomatoes, rehydrated in boiled water
- green beans chopped in short pieces
- Ina Paarman Rosemary and Lemon seasoning
Fry the onion and lamb in pressure cooker until it changes colour. Add half a cup of water and cook under pressure until the lamb is soft and falling off the bones (or on MEAT setting on pot).
Allow the steam to escape, open and add the seasoning, green beans and tomatoes.
Steam under pressure as for VEGETABLES or about 8 minutes.
Allow the steam to escape, open, taste and adjust seasoning if needed. Serve with rice.
Sweet potatoes with ginger preserve
- 4 sweet potatoes peeled, cut into pieces and cooked.
- Preserved ginger
- Brown sugar
- Ground ginger (optional)
Once the sweet potatoes are cooked, add a pinch of salt, large knob of butter, a couple of pieces of preserved ginger and a bit of the syrup. Add light brown sugar to taste and more ground ginger if you want an intense ginger flavour.
Allow to simmer until the sugar melted, all moisture cooked away and the sweet potatoes just start to catch to the bottom of the pot.
Recipes and photo: Elsabie Templeton