GAIL’S PRAWN CURRY
- 1 x 400 g King Prawn meat, deveined, heads and shells removed, washed and patted dry
- 2 tablespoons butter or olive oil
- 3 tablespoons Amina Fish and Prawn Masala or any other suitable masala
- 1 tablespoons leaf masala (spice mecca)
- 1 teaspoon chilli powder
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- ½ chopped red chilli
- ½ chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons garlic and chilli paste
- 2 tablespoons tomato puree
- 1 cup coconut cream or coconut milk
- chopped coriander/cilantro for garnish
In a bowl add prawn masala, chilli powder, leaf masala and mix in lemon juice. Marinade prawn meat for ½ hour in fridge.
Take a large saucepan add butter and sauté onion, garlic and chilli paste and chopped chilli until tender. Add marinaded prawn meat and cook for 4 minutes. Add tomato puree and coconut cream and let bubble for a further 2 minutes.
Serve with Jasmine rice.
Garnish with fresh coriander and sliced red chilli.
Prepared by Gail Haselsteiner
Photo: Gail Haselsteiner