CUCUMBER CUPS STUFFEND WITH SPICY CRAB OR TUNA
- 3 long cucumbers
- ¼ cup sour cream (use reduced fat for lower-cal version)
- ¼ cup cream cheese, softened (use reduced fat for lower-cal version)
- ¾ cup crab meat or tuna, excess water removed
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce (Tabasco)
- 1 teaspoon brown mustard
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon minced green onion
- garnish with chili powder or paprika, if desired
Remove the peel from the cucumbers using a vegetable peeler. Cut the cucumber into 2 inch slices.
Using a small melon baller, scoop out most of the inside.
You want to leave the walls and a thick portion of the bottom intact.
In a bowl, combine the sour cream and the cream cheese with a fork until well combined.
Add the remaining ingredients and stir until combined.
Fill each of the cucumber cups with the crab dip.
Refrigerate until ready to serve. Serve within 2 hours of making.
Experiment with different dips in the cucumber cups like hummus or a Greek yogurt spread.
Recipe posted by: Elize de Kock
Photo: Elize de Kock