CRANBERRY AND PISTACHIO BISCOTTI
- 1 cup caster sugar (you can half the sugar if you don’t want it too sweet)
- 2 eggs
- 1 2/3 cups plain flour, sifted
- 1 teaspoon baking powder, sifted with flour
- 1 cup pistachio nuts, roasted and chopped
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries, chopped
Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan-forced.
Grease 2 baking trays. Line with baking paper.
Place sugar and eggs in a large bowl.
Whisk to combine.
Add flour, baking powder, pistachios and cranberries -Stir to combine.
Knead dough on a lightly floured surface until smooth. -Divide dough in half.
Shape each half into a 30 cm log. -Place on prepared trays.
Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until golden brown.
Cool on trays for 20 minutes.
Reduce oven temperature to 140°C/120°C fan-forced. -Using a serrated knife, slice logs diagonally into 5 mm-thick slices.
Place slices, in a single layer, on a baking paper-lined baking tray.
Bake for 20 minutes, turning over halfway or until dry and crisp.
Stand for 5 minutes.
Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
Recipe: Amanda Conradie
Photo: Elize de Kock