CORN FRITTERS WITH CORNMEAL
Die resep was vroeër die week op die groep. Kan dit beslis aanbeveel as ‘n wenner. Effe aangepas. Hier is my weergawe.
- 2 cups of fresh corn (tinned can be used)
- ¼ cup cornmeal
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon smoked chilli flakes, optional
- 2 eggs
- 1 green onion (chopped)
- ½ cup grated Parmesan, or cheese of your choice
- 1 handful parsley or coriander, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- salt and fresh cracked pepper, to taste
- oil for frying
- sour cream for garnish
Mix all the ingredients in a large bowl. Add some water if the mixture is too dry, but be careful as the lime juice will make it more wet when standing.
Put in fridge to cool for ± 30 minutes.
Heat oil in a pan. Spoon the corn mixture into the pan to form patties and cook until golden brown on both sides, about 4 minutes per side.
Garnish with a dollop of sour cream or sweet chilli sauce.
Recipe and photo: Elize de Kock