- 450 g fussili pasta / macaroni cooked and set aside
- 2 tomatoes sliced (optional)
- 1 cup of gouda cheese grated for sprinkle on top
- paprika for on top
- For the cheese sauce:
- 1,3 l fresh full cream milk
- 3 cups of gouda cheese grated
- 1 cup cake flour
- 2 tablespoons pamesan sprinkles
- 1 tablespoon fine black pepper
In a small pot add the milk and the pepper.
Put the stove on high heat.
When the milk starts to boil, mix with a whisk for at least 6min.
Turn the stove to low heat.
Now add the flour and mix well.
Add the gouda cheese and mix with the whisk till the cheese melts into the sauce.
Add the parmesan cheese and mix well.
After the fussili pasta / macaroni pasta have been cooked mix in the cheese sauce till a 1/4 of the sauce is left.
In a rectangular pan spray with spray and cook and add the macaroni and cheese sauce mixture.
Add the last bit of cheese sauce that’s left, on the top and spread evenly.
Put the sliced tomatoes on top. (optional)
Cover with the one cup of gouda cheese and sprinkle the paprika on top.
Place in the oven on 180ºC for 45 min.
After it is done in the oven let cool a little before you serve.
Recipe posted by Kristie Townsend
Photo: Kristie Townsend