CHEESY MUSHROOM PASTA
- Pasta of your choice cook as per instructions
- 1/2 cup mushrooms, cut in length, thin
- 1/2 onion, chopped very fine
- 2 tablespoon margarine or butter
- 1 teaspoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon mixed herbs keep some for sprinkle over dish
- 2 cups milk
- 2 teaspoons cake flour
- pinch of salt or as you desire
- 1/2 cup mozzarella
- 1/2 cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon margarine or butter
- feta to sprinkle
Add the margarine or butter in a pot on a low temperature.
Add onions, herbs and tomato paste, fry for 1 minute, add mushrooms, fry for another 1 minute add a bit of water to make sauce, switch off after few minutes.
In another pot, to make white sauce, add the milk and heat it up, mix a little cold milk with the flour, add to the hot milk while you stirr all the time, when the saucee thickens add the mozzarella, cheddar cheese, salt and margarine and let it cook for a few minutes.
Add the mushroom sauce to the white sauce and pasta, mix well, dish up and garnish with some mozzarella and herbs.
Recipe and Photo: Sista Niecha Kandan