CHEESY GARLIC FRENCH LOAF
- 1 long French loaf (cut thick slices diagonally but not right through to the bottom)
- 200 g butter (soft but not melted)
- 6-8 cloves of garlic, finely grated (I use my microplaner)
- 400 ml finely grated Cheddar cheese
- sheet of tin foil, lightly sprayed with Cook and Spray
Place the loaf on the tin foil.
Mix the cheese, butter and garlic together to a smooth paste. Use a teaspoon to scoop the mixture up and spread onto one side of each slice. Use approximately half the mixture between the slices.
Now spread the rest of the mixture over the top of the loaf.
Gather the tinfoil together on top and fold a little flat seam to seal without pushing it flat onto the loaf and topping. Secure the two ends as well.
Put into preheated oven at 180°C for 10 minutes.
Open the tinfoil on top and leave in the oven for another 5 minutes.
Remove from oven and tuck in!
Photo: Elsabe Templeton