- 2 cups water
- 4 cups chopped fresh broccoli
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- ½ cup chopped onion or spring onion
- 6 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 6 tablespoons flour or self raising flour
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups low fat milk
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon onion salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
Bring water to boil. Add the broccoli, celery and carrots; boil 2 – 3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and set vegetables aside.
In the same pot, saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in flour to form a smooth paste. Gradually stir in broth and milk until smooth. Bring to a boil and cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened.
Stir in reserved vegetables and remaining ingredients. Reduce heat, cook, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
Recipe posted by Gordon Hodge