- 2 cups regular cake flour
- 5 ml cinnamon spice powder
- 1 ½ cups white sugar
- ½ cup milk
- 125 g or ½ cup margarine (prefer Stork)
- ½ teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 5 bananas, mashed
Pre-heat the oven at 180ºC.
Use two bowls, cream the sugar, margarine, eggs and vanilla together and mix well.
Then add the milk and bicarbonate of soda and mix.
In a separate bowl mix the dry ingredients.
Slowly add the dry ingredients to the milk mix, blending well. Mix in mashed bananas.
Spoon the dough into cupcake casing in a muffin pan up to ¾ full.
Bake for 20 – 25 min at 180 °C.
- 100 ml soft margarine or butter
- 5 ml vanilla essence
- 500 ml icing sugar
- 15 ml of lemon juice concentrate
- 2.5 ml cinnamon spice powder
- 20-40 ml warm milk
Mix icing sugar and butter very well, add the cinnamon and lemon juice. Blend well.
Use the warm milk and add as needed to make the icing the thickness of your choice.
You can also add more icing sugar to make it thicker.
Decorate the cupcakes to your taste.
Recipe and photo: Matthys Venter