BAKED PASTA IN A TRAY
- 1 packet of pasta of your choice boiled as per instructions on the packaging. Leave aside to strain water out
- 1 litre milk
- ½ cup of Maizena
- garlic flakes according to taste
- 100 g of butter
- 1 tablespoon of Portuguese spice
- black pepper and salt according to taste
- ½ kg of viennas sliced up
- grated cheese
Add the butter to a pot and toast the viennas in the melted butter, season with salt, pepper, garlic flakes and Portuguese spice.
Make a paste with your Maizena and 1 cup of milk.
Add the milk paste to your butter mix and the rest of the milk too. Bring to a boil, stirring continuously until the mixture gets thick.
Layer a prepared casserole with the pasta, top with the milk mixture.
Add some grated cheese of your choice and bake at 180º C for 20 minutes.
Easy for a family feast.
Photo and recipe: Yasmeen Ibrahim