BAKED CHOCOLATE BROWNIES
- 1 cup melted salted butter
- 1 cup good quality cocoa powder
- 2.5 cups soft brown sugar
- 5 ml vanilla essence
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 1 slab milk chocolate or dark chocolate, I’ve used Cadbury’s milk chocolate
- Optional: 50 g chopped pecan nuts
Mix melted butter, cocoa powder and sugar.
Add eggs en vanilla en mix with electric beater until well combined.
Add the flour and chopped chocolate (and nuts) and mix again until well combined.
Bake in a greased oven proof dish at 190°C for 30 minutes.
Toothpick must come out clean then it is done.
Let it cool in the dish for 45 min to a hour before you cut the brownies.
Recipe posted by Christine Louw
Photo: Christine Louw