BACON AND GOAT CHEESE STUFFED MINI PEPPERS WITH BALSAMIC CHILLI SAUCE
- 8 mini sweet peppers, sliced in half lengthwise then seeded
- ½ cup goat cheese, softened
- ½ cup cream cheese, softened
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 thinly sliced green onions
- salt and pepper
- 4 slices cooked bacon, crumbled and divided
- ½ cup sweet chilli sauce
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
Cook the bacon and crumble before mixing into the goat cheese, cream cheese, garlic and green onions and stuffing into the mini pepper halves.
Roast in a preheated 200°C oven until the peppers are tender and the cheese is melted and golden brown, about 15 minutes.
Enjoy warm with the mixture of the sweet chili sauce and balsamic vinegar!
Option: Add cheddar or parmesan to the cheese mixture
Option: Add some chili heat to the cheese mixture
Recipe posted by Louise Venter
Photo: Louise Venter