AYAM PANGGANG (INDONISIAN CHICKEN DISH)
Ayam panggang with kecap sauce (sweet soy sauce) is traditionally made by boiling chicken in spices, herbs and kecap sauce and then it is baked. Thus twice cooked!
- 1 kg chicken thighs (I had chicken breast in cubes or strips)
- chicken spices
- 4 shallots, in wedges
- 4 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons sweet soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sambal oelek (chilli paste)
- 4 small cans of tomato puree
- 2 tablespoons brown caster sugar
- 6 tablespoons tomato sauce
- 800 g green beans
- 2 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1½ teaspoons sereh (ground lemongrass)
- 2 teaspoons garlic flakes
Sprinkle the chicken thighs with chicken spices and put them in the slow cooker.
Add all the other ingredients and toss well together.
Set the slow cooker to low and cook for four hours.
Recipe posted by and photo: Annet Geelhoed