ASIAN STIR FRY WITH SESAME SEED OIL
Chicken, red cabbage, carrot, brinjal, green pepper, noodles, sprouts. Delicious sauce from Forage and Feast product range.
- 4 chicken fillets
- Asian sauce
- Vegetables as preferred but I used:
- a quarter of red cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 red onion, halved then thinly sliced
- 1 green pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 carrots, thinly sliced (I used a spiral slicer)
- 1 brinjal, thinly sliced
- 1 packet of mixed bean sprouts
- 3 squares of Shogun noodles, boiled in water for a few minutes, then drained
Sliced the chicken fillets across the grain in 2cm pieces, then put in Asian sauce to marinate for at least 8 hours covered in the fridge.
Heat a large wok and add sesame seed oil.
Quick fry the red cabbage and red onions first over high heat.
Once slightly wilted spoon into a bowl and keep aside.
Next fry the green pepper, brinjal and carrot for a few minutes.
Spoon into a separate bowl as the red cabbage will colour the other veggies.
Next quick fry the chicken pieces in batches in sesame seed oil until just cooked and slightly charred on outside.
Add the hot noodles to the meat then add the sprouts and the rest of the stir fried vegetables.
Using a pair of tongs lift up until the veggies are distributed through the chicken and noodles.
Serve immediately with more of the Asian sauce on the side.
Recipe and photo: Elsabie Templeton