90 SECOND BREAD (NO FLOUR)
For those, like me, who try to cut out bread for whatever reason, here are a few winning options as a ‘troos prys’.
- Peanut butter bread in a mug:
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
Mix the 3 ingredients together and pour in a mug. Microwave for 90 seconds.
- Wheat free bread:
- 2 tablespoons almond flour or flax meal, or both
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon apple cider vinegar, optional
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder, optional
- 1 tablespoon water, optional
- salt or nutritional yeast to taste, optional
Mix the ingredients together in a bowl and pour the mixture in ramekins or small mug or cup and microwave for 90 seconds.
The original recipe says only, 2 tablespoons flour (almond or flax) and 1 egg, but I experimented with all the optional ingredients and I even mix up the 2 flours in one bread as well.
My success shown in the photos are the complete recipe nr. 2, including all the optional ingredients.
It has a nice bready texture. Just make sure it doesn’t sweat in the ramekins after it’s done.
Enjoy with you favorite spread or sandwich toppings.
Recipe tested and photos: Carmari Fourie Strobos