30 DAY MUFFINS
- 2 eggs
- 125 ml (½ cup) oil
- 185 ml (¾ cup) brown/raw sugar
- 500 ml (2 cups) milk
- 250 ml (1 cup) whole wheat flour
- 375 ml (1 ½ cups) cake flour
- 250 ml (1 cup) oats
- 5 ml ( 1 teaspoon) vanilla essence
- 10 ml (2 teaspoons) bicarbonate soda
- pinch of salt
- Blueberries, or apple pieces and cinnamon, or raspberries, or raisins or chopped dates or dried fruit mix. Add enough for the amount of mixture you are using at the time. For ½ of the mixture I used 1 – 2 cups fruit. I added poppy seeds to mine.
Whisk eggs, oil and sugar together. Add the remaining ingredients and mix well. The mixture should be allowed to stand overnight in an airtight container.
Stir through the fruit of your choice.
Half fill greased muffin pans or casings.
Bake at 180 ºC for 10 – 15 minutes. Makes roughly 12 – 24 depending on the size of your pans.
Can be kept in the fridge for up to 30 days – just spoon out enough for however many you want to make and stir the fruit through.
Recipe: Annatjie Hydenrych
Photo: Hannie Steyn