VEGAN MAYONNAISE AND SPLENDA SCONS
Do not say I did not warn you, it’s super easy and then incredibly delicious.
You will notice that I have modified all the ingredients to suit what I had available, as I did not want to go to the shop for any extra ingredients, so this is my own highly adapted version
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- 4 tablespoons Vegan mayonnaise (Feel free to use regular Mayonnaise)
- 1 cup 1% milk (Full cream will also work)
- 1 teaspoon Splenda No Calorie Sweetener (You can use regular sugar if you prefer)
- ½ cup sharp flavored grated Cheddar cheese (I use Armstrong Triple Cheddar shredded cheese)
- red pepper/paprika or Aromat
Mix the flour, sweetener, and cheese.
Mix milk and mayonnaise and add to flour, mix lightly.
Spoon into a well-greased extra-large cupcake pan (I made 6).
Sprinkle red pepper/paprika or Aromat, and then add a liberal amount of grated cheese on top, then lastly some parsley.
Bake at 200°C / 400°F 10 – 12 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean
Let them cool down and then run a knife around the edged to get them out and leave them on a wire rack to cool down.
If not, add a liberal amount of butter and whatever other toppings and enjoy them warm with a cup of coffee.
I had mine with some Marmite and additional cheese.
Recipe and photo: Esme Slabs