- 500 g to 800 g beef pieces
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 3 allspice
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 3 tablespoons fish oil
- 1 big tin Koo tomato paste
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- 4 potatoes, cut into halves
- sugar to taste (to balance out the acidity of the tomato paste)
In a pot add the oil and add the washed meat and allspice.
Allow meat to cook and let it burn/braise so onions and meat has a little brownish colour. Add about a cup of water and cook until meat is tender and almost soft, add the crushed garlic, potatoes and tomato paste.
Allow to cook for 10 minutes, add salt and pepper as well as sugar (very important) and little more water.
Simmer until potatoes are soft. Make sure you have a “lekker” sauce in pot.
Serve with white fluffy rice.
Recipe en photo: Colleen Heugh