ROASTED RED PEPPER PASTA WITH BACON AND SPINACH
Pre-heat oven to 200°C.
- 2 red bell pepper, de-seeded and cut into chunks
- 1 kg Roma tomatoes, cut into quarters
- 450 g Danish Feta block
- 6 whole cloves of garlic, peeled
- 2 springs fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 300 ml fresh cream
Place all the above ingredients in a deep oven safe dish.
Cover and roast for 30 minutes. Uncover and roast for further 15 minutes. Remove from the oven. Add the fresh cream to the vegetables. Use a stick blender to blitz ingredients until smooth.
- Add the following to the sauce:
- 500 g fried diced bacon
- 1 packet of washed baby spinach chopped
- cooked pasta of choice
Cook pasta of choice. Drain. Add the pasta to the sauce and stir through.
Spoon into an oven dish.
Top with grated cheese. Bake for 20 minutes at 180°C.
Recipe and photo: Monique Middleton