- olive oil
- 500 g pork mince
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 clove of garlic crushed
- 2 tablespoons Italian or mixed herbs
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons savoury mince dry cook powder mixed with 200 ml water
- 2 teespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 can tomato and onion mix
- 300 ml beef stock
Fry onion and garlic until translucent, add mince and fry until brown.
Add tomato mix and paste as well as herbs, sugar and beef stock and simmer for 30 minutes.
Add dry powder mixture and simmer another 10 min.
Season with salt and pepper, first taste, the stock and savoury mix already contain salt.
Serve with fettuccine and grated cheese.
Recipe and Photo: Elize de Kock