OREO PEANUT BUTTER TRUFFLES
- 1 ½ cup peanut butter
- 180 g cream cheese, softened
- 320 g white chocolate, melted
- ½ cup Nutella (hazelnut spread)
- 2 cups icing sugar
- 30 Oreos, crushed (OR I used 15 Oreos and 15 Strawberry Spheres from Checkers to get different flavours)
- 360 g chocolate, melted (you can use different colours like I did. I used white, dark and that Beacon Red Velvet to make the pink)
Beat the peanut butter, cream cheese, melted white chocolate, Nutella and icing sugar together. Add in the crushed Oreos and mix. (Here I split the mix in 2 and then added the 2 different crushed cookies in separate bowls to get the 2 different flavours)
The mix will be a little crumbly, but come together when rolled.
Roll into balls and place on a baking tray lined with baking paper and freeze for about an hour.
Dip in melted chocolate using a fork or toothpicks, place on a wire rack and let chocolate harden. Decorate as desired (melted chocolate like me or crushed cookies will also work).
Recipe and photo: Dalila De Barros Viljoen