KUDU STROGANOFF ON LINGUINI
Lockdown day #356🇿🇦 served with Darling Cellars Chocoholic Pinotage 🍷👌🏻
- 600 g Kudu meat, sliced in strips across the grain (mine was biltong strips which I’ve cut up)
- 1 green pepper, sliced
- 1 red onion, cut into cubes
- 1 small clove of garlic, grated
- 1 packet cream of mushroom soup powder
- 3 tablespoons dried mushroom powder
- 1 cup of milk, to stir the soup powder into
- 1 cup sour cream
- a tot of dry sherry
- 250 g linguini pasta (cooked as per instructions) to serve with
Fry the onion and green pepper in a bit of oil for a few minutes. Add the garlic and fry for a minute, remove and put into a dish.
Fry the meat strips in small batches so as not to boil it.
Only fry for 2 minutes then remove and keep aside while finishing the rest of the strips.
Once they are all done, put the onion mixture back into the pan and add the soup powder in milk, the dried mushroom powder and the sour cream into the pan and stir while simmering to thicken.
Add the meat strips and tot of sherry to warm through and serve immediately on hot pasta or with string potatoes as was done traditionally in Russia where it originated as an after theatre snack for Count Stroganoff.
Recipe and photo: Elsabie Templeton