HEALTHY, HIGH PROTEIN BREAKFAST BOWLS
- 1 cup of white or black chia seeds
- young coconut chunks
- 3 cups of yogurt (I use low fat)
- 3 cups of high protein granola / oats
- 2 cups of dried cranberries/ cherries, or any dried fruit cut into bite-sized chunks (without added sugar)
- 2-3 cups of pecan nuts, whole roasted almonds / walnuts (your preference, your nut choice)
Very simple: place chia seeds, plus coconut chunks, in yogurt for 3 + hrs. I do mine overnight in fridge.
The seeds double in size. Soak granola and dried cranberries in kombucha/water (just enough to get them thoroughly wet) for the same time.
Toast nuts on baking sheet for 10-15 mins at 180ºC (depending on how dark you like them).
Assemble bowl in any way you like (in layers), with enough yogurt and wet chia mix on top to support the nuts.
Recipe and photo: Annie Goussard Newton