My first go at trifle…..
- 1.5 packets Ladyfingers biscuits (Budiour)
- 1 Swissroll
- 1 litre homemade custard, medium consistency (prepare the night before)
- 1 x packet each red, green, and yellow jelly (prepare the night before)
- glazed red and green cherries
- 2 x cans mixed fruit (drain juice/ syrup in bowl and save)
- Walnuts, optional
- 1 x 300 ml cream
- fresh fruit to decorate
Use a large trifle glass bowl.
Cut the jellies with a knife to get small blocks.
Dip ladyfingers in drained juice/syrup and put a layer on bottom of bowl.
Slice Swissroll and pack around edge of bowl.
Start by layering custard, jelly, fruit, ladyfingers.
Finish with custard layer on top.
Set in fridge overnight .
Once ready to serve, beat cream to soft peak stage, put on top of custard as final layer.
Decorate with fresh fruit, sprinkle walnuts and crumble flake over the top.
Recipe and photo: Hanneri Wilkie