CURRY AND RICE
Does a bowl of curry and rice brings back memories of the past?
- In a dry pot fry the following:
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon chopped ginger
- 1 tablesoon of oil until soft and add
- 1 tablespoon rahjah medium curry powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoons Roberson’s mince spice
- 1 chopped tomato and a few crushed curry leaves (8), fry for 2 minutes
- Add the following:
- 500 g mince meat, fry until brown
- 2 peeled and chopped carrots
- 2 peeled and cubed potatoes
- 50 ml sultanas or seedless raisins
- 2 cups water
Stir well and allow to simmer for 30 minutes with the lid on.
- 125 ml frozen peas
Thicken with 2 tablespoons Knorr Brown Onion Soup mixed with 4 tablespoons water, add to the pot and allow to simmer for 5 minutes.
Season careful with pepper, this is already salty.
Serve with rice, desiccated coconut, chutney, sliced banana and curry leaves.
Wash curry leaves, dry, fry in a little oil (spinkle with salt) until crisp set aside on kitchen towel to absorb oil. Use as garnish.
Photo and recipe: Elize de Kock